This competition is open to artists working with plastic cameras with plastic lenses. The more obsolete, flawed, and lo-tech, the better. Images should be taken with cameras with limited controls, such as Diana, Holga, Lubitel, Lomo, Banner, and Ansco cameras. Beautiful prints from less-than-gorgeous cameras – that’s what we’re looking for! This is RayKo’s largest exhibition of the year with artists from all over the globe submitting work, and hundreds of attendees at the reception.
Ann Jastrab, MFA, is a fine art photographer, master printer, and teacher. She is currently the Gallery Director at RayKo Photo Center. The RayKo Gallery offers over 1600 square feet of exhibition space and presents eight to ten shows annually featuring nationally recognized artists. Ann regularly participates as a juror and reviewer for a multitude of organizations: the SF Arts Commission, Academy of Art in SF, Artspan, SF Art Institute, Fotofest, Photolucida, Review Santa Fe, Review LA, PhotoAlliance, SPE, Fotovision, Click646, and Critical Mass. She has also taught at the Maine Media Workshops since 1994.
• Limit 10 images per person
• 8” longest side at 72ppi | Adobe 1998 or srgb color space | jpeg only
• Save files as: lastname_firstname_title.jpg (Example: Smith_Jane_Pigeons01.jpg)
• $25 entry fee for first 3 images | $5 for each additional image, up to 10 total
• Any work deemed misrepresented by its jpeg will be declined
• Late submissions will not be considered
SUBMISSION & ACCEPTANCE INFO
Artists who are accepted into the show, will receive a comprehensive follow up email in regards to delivery instruction & dates, frame requirements, etc.
January 13 Deadline for submissions
January 20 Notification of acceptances sent via email
March 4 Opening reception